Don’t List Your Home as For Sale By Owner


Do you need to hire a real estate agent even if the market is doing well? Yes, and there are three reasons why.

A lot of people have been saying, “The market is so good right now. Why do I need to hire a real estate agent? Why not sell my home myself?”

There are a number of reasons why you should hire a real estate agent to sell your home. I’ll go over three of them today: 

1. Price. Price depends on exposure. The more people who know your home is on the market, the better your price is going to be. If nobody knows your home is on the market, then your price is going to be lower. According to the National Association of Realtors, agent-assisted sales get 15% to 16% more money than For Sale By Owner homes. After you pay the 6% commission to the agent, you will still end up with 9% or 10% more than you would get selling on your own. 


90% of real estate litigation involves For Sale By Owner transactions.

2. Properly executed documents. An agent has been taught to do these things properly. Why? We don’t want to do anything improper and get sued. In fact, 90% of real estate litigation out there involves For Sale By Owner transactions. 

3. After closing, you won’t hear from the buyer when you list with an agent because we have settled everything at closing. When you do a For Sale By Owner transaction, you may have to unnecessarily hear from the buyer after closing. 


I have been selling homes for 32 years, and I can certainly help you sell your home this spring. If you have any other real estate questions for me, just give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!

No comments :

Post a Comment